Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2014 - The Oakwood Canadian Bistro

I went out for my second Dine Out Vancouver meal on Friday with C. We chose The Oakwood Canadian Bistro, located on West 4th.


The Oakwood had a very homey feel to it, and we were sitting right next to the fire place, which made it very cozy!


The $28 menu boasted some great dishes and it was very hard for me to choose which ones I wanted! I decided to go for the seafood chowder and it did not disappoint. It was very thick and hearty, just like I like it. C ordered the Waldorf salad and it definitely looked amazing!  

Smoked seafood chowder, cod, clams, bacon lardon, oyster crackers.
Waldorf salad, bacon, grapes, celery, candied walnuts, creme fraiche.
For the main course, I automatically went for the sablefish; it is one of the few fish I like to eat because of the smooth texture. The dish came with two pieces of sablefish ontop of a bed of lentils, shredded pork shoulder and kale. The pork rinds on top were salty, airy and crispy - yum!

Seared sablefish, confit pork shoulder, dupuy lentils, pork rinds, carrot.
C chose the porchetta because she is a fan of spatzle, and the dish looked very appetizing!

Roast porchetta, confit garlic broccolini, dijon spatzle, caramelized onion puree.
Dessert was what I was really looking forward to. The chocolate mousse did not disappoint. Topped with whipped cream and then sprinkled with pistachios and bits of what I think were chocolate, and coffee crunch, the whole dessert was to die for. The chocolate mousse had a hint of coffee flavour in it and it was just delectable!

Chocolate mousse, coffee crunch.
The creme caramel came with an adorable maple leaf shaped shortbread on top of the cranberry gel. C thought it was delicious!

Creme caramel, cranberry gel, shortbread.
Another great Dine Out Vancouver meal! I was certainly impressed with the dishes and I think I will be coming back in the future! Make your reservations at The Oakwood Canadian Bistro now. The Dine Out Vancouver menu is available until February 2, 2014.

No comments: