Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Brunch at Joe Fortes

I went out for brunch with my mum on the weekend, and were walking around downtown trying to find a good place to eat. My mum decided on Joe Fortes Seafood and Chop House, because she has been there for lunch and Happy Hour before and really liked their food. It was really difficult to pick something off the menu because everything sounded delicious!


We started off with a basket of lemon scones. They were nice and fluffy and rich tasting.
Oyster bar.
J really wanted oysters so she ordered a trio of Gem oysters.
Joe's Classic Seafood Hash - poached eggs with prawn, scallop, salmon mixed in with the hashed browns and covered in béarnaise.
Atlantic Lobster Benedict - poached eggs, lobster and hollandaise sauce.
Joe’s Signature Benedict - poached eggs, mushrooms, prosciutto and truffle sage hollandaise.
Overall, I thought the dishes were tasty, though the hash browns were really oily and a bit dry. The prices were a little steep for what the platter actually consisted of, but I guess that's what prices at a seafood place is like. Our server was very friendly I really enjoyed dining here. I would definitely come back during their dinner hours!

To take a look at their menus, check out Joe Fortes website here.

No comments: