Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tron Legacy - Movie Review

I went to an advanced screening of Tron: Legacy tonight! I've never seen the original movie so I didn't really know what to expect, and the trailers I watched left me confused still haha. The movie is a sequel to Tron and stars Garrett Hedlund as Sam, Kevin Flynn's son. Jeff Bridges reprises his role as Kevin Flynn. The story picks up with Kevin's friend, Alan Bradley, telling Sam that his father paged him and gives him the keys to the abandoned Flynn's Arcade. Sam finds a secret room behind the Tron arcade game and gets transported into the digital world that his father created, The Grid. There, he finds his father and they set out to go back home. Of course, it's not easy, but I won't spoil it for you!

The movie was in 3D, which is so bothersome because I wear glasses when I watch movies, and there didn't seem to be too many 3D effects. The majority of the movie took place in The Grid so it was a digital world, full of lights, which was kind of cool! Lots of special effects which makes it a worthwhile movie to see in theatres, especially with the booming music on surround sound. I would recommend the movie to any Tron fan, though I was a bit impartial to it, but I do think it's a decent movie.

Tron comes out in theatres on Friday, December 17th. For more information, go here.

No comments: