Friday, May 07, 2010

Rejection after rejection

One of the reasons why I still have not found a job yet is because I am terrible at interviews. First, GETTING the interview is hard enough (it's not like I've had a lot, considering how many jobs I have applied for). Then when I do get the interview, I tend to freeze up if they ask me a question I haven't prepared for. Well I say stuff, but it's always same lame answer that could have been ten times better. I've had three paying jobs in my life. My first one, a friend who also applied for it and had her interview first told me what questions they asked. My second job I didn't even need an interview. Third job, the interview was a total joke and the interviewers were trying to speed through it because they were behind, plus they pretty much hired everybody as long as you weren't a psycho maniac (though they don't necessarily put you in the position you applied for).

So anyway, I've gotten a couple calls for interviews in the past week. I got a rejection from one of the phone interviews I did for a job I would have really liked. :( Did an in person interview yesterday for a really really temp job, then doing another one early next week, also for a temp position but hopefully longer. I don't know, what if I can NEVER get hired because of the blockade called an interview?! I know I am qualified to do some of the jobs I apply to and would probably make an excellent candidate, but I can't even pass the interview!

ARGH!

It's really frustrating, especially with the parents nagging me all the time, thinking I just sit around all day. I don't like telling them I have an interview because I know they will worry and I don't want them to be disappointed if (when) I don't get the job. :( Or maybe I like to keep my failures to myself? Hmm. I don't know. But this is getting ridiculous. I need to get hired NOW. School is not an option for me at this point, I don't think I can survive it again. I barely finish last time. WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE HIRE ME!

No comments: